Visitors are welcome at HSHS St. John's Children’s Hospital. However, our first priority is the safety of our patients. We ask that all visitors be free from symptoms of contagious disease and known exposures.
Pediatric Unit Visiting Guidelines
- Pediatrics is a secured unit.
- Parents are welcome at all times.
- Visiting hours for all siblings, extended family and friends are 8 am to 8 pm.
- No children under the age of 18 are allowed to spend the night.
- Only two adults may stay at the bedside overnight.
- No more than two visitors (excluding parents and siblings) at the bedside at any one time.
- Visitors must check in at the security desk in the lobby to receive a visitor sticker. Once the visitor arrives on Pediatrics, the visitor must use the phone outside the unit doors to call and receive permission to enter. Only visitors listed on the patient visitor list will be permitted on the unit.
- All visitors must follow isolation precautions.
- Any visitor may be asked to leave if behavior is deemed inappropriate.
- All visitors must be healthy (fever free, no signs of respiratory illness, etc.).
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Visiting Guidelines
- Parents may visit any time, day or night.
- Grandparents with an ID band may visit from 11 am - 8 pm.
- Brothers and sisters ages two and older may visit from 11 am - 8 pm.
- Other visitors 12 years and older may visit accompanied by the infant’s parent.